Let your kids learn valuable financial skills by exploring the fun-filled online world of MoneyIsland™.
- For kids ages 4 to 14
- Virtual online world with real-life rewards
- Teaches lifelong skills
- Kids have fun while learning
- Can play at home or whole classroom play together
- Meets national standards for financial literacy
- More games, contests, and more after completing MoneyIsland game
The principles of financial responsibility and decision-making are built into the quests of MoneyIsland. Most importantly, so is fun. So kids are excited to play and they learn by doing.
Lessons are introduced by lively characters who interact with kids along the way. Kids earn, spend, and invest smackers as they strive to become gurus ready for financial success on the mainland.
The knowledge gained will put kids on a path to a healthy retirement before they have even earned their first paycheck!
As much as kids love games, they love real-world rewards too! Once your kids complete the initial MoneyIsland game, they receive an award certificate. Bring that certificate to any branch to pick up the rewards!
- List the rewards here, like a free savings account with $10 opening deposit
- Plus a cool MoneyIsland t-shirt or poster
- And note that classrooms that play together also get a free pizza party (obviously, if applicable)
A MoneyIsland Passport is a cool way to connect the online experience to a real-world item. Kids use the passport to "stamp" their progress through the MoneyIsland world with colorful stickers. The passport reinforces the images, characters, and lessons learned in the game. And it provides one more way for grown-ups to interact with the kids as they learn.
Though geared toward tweens ages 8 to 14, the lessons instilled in MoneyIsland will serve the players throughout their adult life.
The curriculum in MoneyIsland is aligned with national standards published by the Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy. MoneyIsland is designed to build skills in three basic areas: Managing Money, Saving & Investing, and Using Credit Wisely.
The lessons are presented in quests to exotic places, including:
- Quest 1 (The Eiffel Tower): Spend, Grow, and Give
- Quest 2 (The Great Wall of China): Wants & Needs & Taxes
- Quest 3 (The Sphynx): Types of Income
- Quest 4 (Big Ben): Understanding Interest
- Quest 5 (Atlantis): Using Credit Wisely
- Quest 6 (The Acropolis): Building Wealth
There are detailed lesson plans available for free that coordinate with each quest. These lesson plans provide ideas for more activities that can reinforce the lessons learned.